LEAD’s mission is an innovative model that reengages young people via active participation in rigorous and relevant content and standards-driven, competency-based instruction aligned with emerging market demands.
The LEAD model is guided by the following principles:
- An integrated combination of academic, nonacademic and community supports are imperative to Over-Age/Under-Credited student success
- Content and instruction must be rigorous and personalized to accelerate learning
- High quality teachers and student services staff are essential to Over-Age/Under-Credited student achievement
- Over-Age/Under-Credited students must be active drivers of their own learning
- Over-Age/Under-Credited students must be able to make connections between classroom instruction and real-world applications
- Over-Age/Under-Credited students must be afforded constant opportunities for leadership development.
9-12 (Over-Age, under-credited students)